Night Diving at Pearl Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wheeledgoat

Covid Vaccinated
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I've been diving at Pearl Lake before - neat little place in South Beloit with a fair amount of sunken features.

This time I took the family camping there and figured we'd do a night dive, since they advertise that on their website. (A word of warning: The private owners have rules. Lots of rules. We didn't have any problems, but I can see where some might. Read their website and rules and online reviews beforehand to know what you're getting into. And know that they are very serious about every single rule. Don't think "Oh, they just put that there just in case" - no, they actually mean it, and it applies to you. Example: We got a visit our first morning by the owner on golf cart. Our pass was laying on the dashboard of our car, face up and visible, but we were in violation of the rules because it wasn't hung from the rearview mirror.)

But I digress. Our camping experience was fine overall.

My purpose of this post is to warn the next diver that plans on night diving at Pearl Lake - they neglect to mention on their website that you must be done, out of the water and checked out by 10pm. It made no difference that I was staying there and camping.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom