Nice time at Twin Lakes yesterday!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
It was great to see Josh/Orlowskij again. Cameron/RossTTU...nice meeting you. And rakpix....nice to meet you and your Mom.

Mark...missed seeing you!

I had an eventful first dive, ended up calling it on the west side of the lake. In my rush to change something on my harness I forgot to thread the waist strap through the new weight pockets so at depth every time I turned the least bit off center the pockets flopped. I also had a new hooded vest on...I hate hoods! haha But it sure made a difference in that cold water. Mask was flooding really bad, etc...I was just having all kinds of issues so I called the dive and we surface swam back to the dock. Which really worked out alright...got some good leg exercise in!

The second dive was much better. Fixed the weight pocket issue and left the hooded vest off. I did get a bit cold on that dive with only a 3mil shorty but I was back to normal in the water. Well, not exactly. After all the weight I've lost my trim is totally off! I've discovered I no longer float, in fact my legs now sink. For years I've worn heavy fins and ankle weights to counter balance that buoyancy so I may be looking at new floaty fins!

I had planned to get the new camera housing wet to test it but it never made it out of the bag!

Anyway....the whole day was very productive gear-wise. It was great to see and meet some local Swampers. I hope we can make a regular thing of it.

It was great to see Josh/Orlowskij again. Cameron/RossTTU...nice meeting you. And rakpix....nice to meet you and your Mom.

Mark...missed seeing you!

I had an eventful first dive, ended up calling it on the west side of the lake. In my rush to change something on my harness I forgot to thread the waist strap through the new weight pockets so at depth every time I turned the least bit off center the pockets flopped. I also had a new hooded vest on...I hate hoods! haha But it sure made a difference in that cold water. Mask was flooding really bad, etc...I was just having all kinds of issues so I called the dive and we surface swam back to the dock. Which really worked out alright...got some good leg exercise in!

The second dive was much better. Fixed the weight pocket issue and left the hooded vest off. I did get a bit cold on that dive with only a 3mil shorty but I was back to normal in the water. Well, not exactly. After all the weight I've lost my trim is totally off! I've discovered I no longer float, in fact my legs now sink. For years I've worn heavy fins and ankle weights to counter balance that buoyancy so I may be looking at new floaty fins!

I had planned to get the new camera housing wet to test it but it never made it out of the bag!

Anyway....the whole day was very productive gear-wise. It was great to see and meet some local Swampers. I hope we can make a regular thing of it.
Well I am sure the weight loss is worth having to refigure your trim, but at least you sink like Doug now. :)

I hope to make it out there one day again when you are out there.

What was vis like? I have never been out there but may check it out in the next few days.

Sorry I missed yall. WW moved back their pre-trip meeting to earlier in the day. Next time I promise.

Greg.....does that mean we'll be competing to see who can sink the fastest?!? :eyebrow: Look forward to seeing you again.

The viz on the west side was up to 10ft in places. The south side was the normal murk and 3-4ft viz after the classes that morning. And the wing nut swimmers who were running and jumping off the point then climbing up the embankment didn't help! That sort of thing is my only real complaint with TL. Until more divers show up to support the park, I'm afraid we'll have to put up with it. :(

The water temp was a toasty 74º down to 16ft. It went downhill from there.

Dee, the only way I'm going to sink faster then you is to be seriously overweighted. :) Hope to get out there at least once before my Cozumel trip in July.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom