NFL - To bench or not to bench?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spady

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone else out there think the Patriots should bench Brady for the last game of the season? The game is meaningless and I'd hate to see him get hurt like Welker did on the last game of LAST season.

Yeah gee I would sure hate to see Brady get taken out and not be able to play in the playoffs.

Belichick seems like the smartest coach in the league or atleast the best prepared. (some say thanks to having tapes of all the other teams signals and practices) He will make the best tactical decision.

Bench. Eagles, Patriots, Saints, Jets, hell even the Falcons could probably take a week off...

I don't buy the "keep them sharp" argument (why do people play better after bye weeks then?).

I don't buy the "you owe a duty to other teams to field your best team" argument (not really relevant this year, but if other teams had taken care of business, they wouldn't need your help).

I know a lot of guys like to play one series just to keep "starter" streaks alive, but I'd keep them all in jeans and headsets.

Only the 2 teams that play the Packers and Bucs should play all their starters--the other playoff teams ahould rest theirs. That way the Giants could get in the back door and be able to meet the Jets in the Super Bowl. That is, after the Jets blow away the Pats at some point. Hahahahahahah.....

While at it, NFL needs to fine Tim Tebow as it does other players for writing on their uniform.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom