Next Teric or Garmin MK3????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris Stock

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Seems the two big players in wrist mounted AI are 4 years (teric) and 2 years (mk2i).

Garmin launched the mk1 and two years later the mk2i. Given todays product cycles and innovation, what are your thoughts or the NEXT generation Teric or MK3?

I'm confused. Most of your posts seem to be anti-AI.
I'm not against AI at all. I'll have an spg for back up, but ai is great. Not sure why you thought that.

Seems the two big players in wrist mounted AI are 4 years (teric) and 2 years (mk2i).

Garmin launched the mk1 and two years later the mk2i. Given todays product cycles and innovation, what are your thoughts or the NEXT generation Teric or MK3?
Just my opinion but Garmin came out with the MK2i to fill a gap (AI) and Shearwater doesn’t change things up on a schedule, the Teric is pretty good as is, battery issue seems much better, both of mine have no power loss sitting for a few weeks and use 8 to 10% on 2 90 minute dives. I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for any big improvements or models. The Garmin is very tempting.

Seeing as Garmin only just brought out the G1 I can't see a Mk3 coming out in a hurry. And if Garmin did release a Mk3 what would it do that the Mk2 series can't?

In my opinion Garmin made a mistake making their own transmitter technology. Sure it has extra range but when has the range of the PPS transmitter ever been a real issue.

And like Apple, they don't fix bugs in a hurry, if at all.
First they have to admit there is a bug....and that goes against the self-image of perfection.

First they have to admit there is a bug....and that goes against the self-image of perfection.
Wait... How did Glock and Glock Perfection get involved?

Maybe it plays like "Perfection", "More Perfection", "Still even more Perfecter", "No, really, we mean it this time: Most perfekt"...

OMMOHY

Back
Top Bottom