Next question, EANx at Lembeh?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisM

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Thanks to all for helping guide me through the seemingly overwhelming premise of choosing locations and operators in N Sulawesi (for a 2 week trip that started out as an idea to spend a week on a Thai liveaboard). I went back and read most every thread I could get my hands on on the issue which very helpful, and am happy with my choices.

Now I have to pay for it . :) . To that end, looking at package rates and finding EANx is more expensive than other locations I've been to. While typically we dive EANx for multiple days, my impression of Lembeh muck diving is that it isn't deep enough to justify EANx. Yeah, this is a minor expense in the scheme of things (it's still > $500, hoe many massages and beers is that?) but don't want to pay for something that doesn't make sense.

Thoughts? Advice? We will be following up with a week elsewhere where EANx is included

When I was in Lembeh, I dived nitrox and I am glad I did. Much to my surprise, we spent quite a bit of time in deeper water. Average max depth was 72 and my absolute deepest was 86. We had some long dives and my average dive time was 73 minutes, with the longest dive being 80 minutes. I was also doing 4 dives a day so I highly recommend it.

I thought Lembeh 'muck' might be pretty shallow too. NOT! Some (a few) are but expect to average 50'-80' feet on many/most dives and a few will push you deeper...often for a good while, generally 3-4 dives/day. You do want to be able to max your bottom time to find the critters. Do EANx.

When I was in Lembeh, I dived nitrox and I am glad I did. Much to my surprise, we spent quite a bit of time in deeper water. Average max depth was 72 and my absolute deepest was 86. We had some long dives and my average dive time was 73 minutes, with the longest dive being 80 minutes. I was also doing 4 dives a day so I highly recommend it.

Ah, thanks.

I also looked again and in the package it's only about $7 a tank... so not as bad. I was looking at a la carte pricing

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom