Nex regulator personal experience?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

edgrimley

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone have recent experience with the Nex Monterey or Maya regulators? Saw the Monterey....in Monterey...on a boat this weekend. Had the Nex on the boat on emergency equipment, and the captain Mary Jo was very positive. Small size, lightweight. It looks like Bamboo Reef is carrying and using as part of its rental gear as well. Thread from last year didn't include personal experience. Hoping for some fresh real world experience. Thanks!

dove with an instructor for a shop that carries them. they work fine, but a bit flimsy feeling for the 2nd stage. lack of support elsewhere also doesn't lend it to being a good travel option. not DIY friendly either afaik and the pricing was up there with the big brands so dgx are better value.

Their regulators are actually produced by Yuhsin, which is a well known OEM/ODM manufacture for producing high quality regulators. In my opinion, the quality and performance should be comparable to a lot of big brands. However, I think they are overpriced, as NEX neither design or manufacture the parts themselves. It is just a rebrand regs from Taiwan, so I’m not going to pay the mark up simply because they claimed they are a local brand from California.

I remember there were a few pictures where Yuhsin posted the Nex regulators they manufactured. Apparently, they are all deleted from facebook.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom