Newly certified!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DESIGNERDIVER

IS IT SUMMER YET?
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Well I did it! I am now a certified diver. What an awesome experience!! I had the pleasure of doing my open water dives in key largo with Silent world and let me tell you god is good. After a week of horrific diving conditions the week after xmas in south florida............I was lucky enough to have the week after optimum conditions in the keys. 1-2 with aprox 60' of Viz and 82 degrees air temp without a cloud in the sky. When I stuck my face in the water for the first time and saw this beautiful reef I was like "wow thats what it looks like!". I was lucky enough to see in the first 4 minutes of my dive a nurse shark. very pretty. over the rest of the dives I saw 2 more ,lots of beautiful colored fish,some turtles and the best of all a sting ray:D. I also had the resident barracuda follow me for awhile(which freaked me out a little)apparently another dive op goes there like 3 times a week and feeds them. my favorite dive was the city of washington in key largo which was a really pretty reef with lots to see! I also had the pleasure to meet and dive(and drink:wink:) with some fellow scuba boarders who were awesome and a lot of fun!!
Going for my nitrox in February which I am looking foward to and cant wait to get in the water again!!!

CONGRADULATIONS!!! Keep divin' and keep learning... you've just got the first peek through the open door... there's a lot more to discover yet and it's all good...

The folks at Silent World are great... I get down to the Keys once in a while and they're the one's I use when I'm in Key Largo... Pennicamp is a great dive area...

ROCK On!!!

[By the way... best of luck with your "Challenge"... I quit a little over a year ago... it ain't easy but it's worth it... ]

Congrats on getting your certification! City of Washington is one of my favorite dives too.

Congrats Trish; please, DO NOT get a PiNk harness :)

Well I did it! I am now a certified diver. What an awesome experience!!
SSSSWWEEEEET!!!!! Congratulations!!!

Not to long ago ago I did my 100th dive and a more experienced diver asked me how exciting it was to have done my 100th. I thought about it for a second and said, "as exciting as it was to do my first dive." I hope I say the same thing on my 10,000th dive. And I hope you do to.:wave:

Congrats Trish; please, DO NOT get a PiNk harness :)

thanks....................i do like pink.........................but not THAT much:rofl3:

Way to go Trish!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom