Newly certified

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

karelva

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have just certified OW in Mexico, where in as little as four days I've become completely addicted to diving. Now back from my vacation, in Boston, I really have to dive, despite local water temperatures.

I was hoping the more experienced divers in the NE area had tips to share, as to where to start for sites, equipment I should buy and where to buy it, if they knew of newbies, who, like me, need to hook up with buddies, etc.

Any info will be appreciated.

Karel

HI Karel,
Congrats on you OW certification! I also did my open water in Mexico. Great place to dive, indeed.
As for your question on buying equipment, there are tons of links on here that will help you.
I think the best thing you can do is go to a few dive shops, try on a few BCD's, and see what feels the best. Ask important questions, and tell them where you plan to dive.
They'll also be able to help you with a regulator and whatever other equipment you need. Sometimes dive shops have a pool on site, and will even let you try things out before you purchase them.
I personally have an Oceanic Isla BCD and an Oceanic Delta3 regulator that I use in warm water. I love them both!
:sunny:

WELCOME!!

For equipment check with different stores and compare, fine a local club and talk to them. Start out buy renting, then go from there.

Good luck GOOD DIVING

karelva,

Welcome to the boards! Glad your addicted like the rest of us! If you need help getting geared up let me know....I might be able to help you. E-mail me at aardal22@hotmail.com Oh...feel free to start new threads with dive site suggestions and or gear suggestions.

Dive Safe

Aardal
:cool:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom