Question Newly certified OWD - Looking to buy fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yodawarrior92

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey there !
I just got my OW certification and i am now looking to buy fins, since i'm located in the EU, my site of preference would be Tradeinn(Diveinn) !
I'm not quite sure what to buy, i know for sure I'll need an open heeled one, light enough to travel but sturdy enough for a long-term use :p
I've been debating between the Apeks RK3, the Seawing Novas and the Scubapro Go sport fins. I'm looking for fins that can accomodate a variety of kicking styles from frog kicks to flutter kicks within a 150€ price range (60-100€ would be ideal).
Tyvm :)

Also looking at buying new fins, and would be interested in reading people's real world feedback.

Scrolling through the site you mentioned, I'd be interested in how the OMS Slipstream, OMS Tribe, and Dive rite XT stack up.

In addition to the fins OP mentioned, what are people's experience with the Hollis F1 LT, and the Mares Avanti Quattro+. I assume OP can source those as well. Any thoughts on the HD vs non-HD for Apeks RK3?

For US buyers, exactly how much softer are the Deep 6 Eddy SM vs other sizes?

I did some looking around, but couldn't find any technical specs on actual foot pocket size, weight for various sizes, net buoyancy, paddle length, packing size, Young's modulus, etc. I guess the last thread on fins had some data.... from 1957.

Deep6 announced maybe a year ago that the S/M Eddys were going to be the same stiffness as size L and up. I have a pair of the older S/M I use when diving wet and they are definitely lighter and make flexible than the size L I use with my drysuit.

What kind of diving will you be doing? Will you be flying to dive sites?

Absent specific info about your situation, the Go Sports are a good compromise for pretty much any type of diving.

What kind of diving will you be doing? Will you be flying to dive sites?

Absent specific info about your situation, the Go Sports are a good compromise for pretty much any type of diving.
Heya, sorry for the lack of info, i'll be sometimes flying to dives site, yes :)
I'll be doing mostly rec diving, maybe some wrecks when i get my cert, both shore&boat dives !

I love my Mares Quattro. I've had them since 2001 and just got a new pair in a different color to match my wing. The wife will be getting a new set once she figures out if she wants to continue diving.

My go to fin is the Mares Avanti Quatro's, I use full foot ones for warm water boat diving and open heel for shore diving. I have the Seawing Nova's and they are just OK and the only reason I have them is they were free. The Go Sports or we call them the No Go's are ok but with any current and they go nowhere.

Thank you everyone, it seems I'll just go with the Quatro's ! Will update when i have them :)
Good choice. My wife's been diving in them for over 20 years and I converted last year after having an incident where my current fin was trash in heavy current. We travel a ton with them. Great all around, all conditions fin. No issues. Quattros for life! Haha! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom