Newfoundland diving ops?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rickthompson

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I need to be in Deer Lake on July 1 for work, hoping to get a dive or two in on the 29-30th of June. Any good diving or charters on the west side of the island? Also considering going to St. John's then renting a car to drive to Deer Lake. Local tips appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi there Rick. I just got back from Newfoundland a few days ago, my second trip there in the past 6 months, there is some amazing ( but cold ) diving there. There are four wrecks that were sunk by German U boats in WWII, they are beautiful dives. As well there is the old ore mines on Bell Island, that just recently have been opened for some diving. I was fortunate enough to dive in the mine last week. If you get in touch with Ocean Quest Adventures, they will help you out. Rick and Debbie and the whole group at Ocean Quest are amazing and run a fantastic operation with gorgeous accommodations right at the ocean and next to the dock. The wrecks are phenomenal, and the home made soup on the boat after the dives is a great bonus. Depending how long you stay with them you may even get out to see icebergs or whale, and even dive on an iceberg if they are still around.

If you would like more info please feel free to PM me. If you have Facebook you can follow my page Go With The Flow Diving and there you will see my personal pictures from my trip there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom