Newbies headed to Breakwater/Lover's Point Cove Nov 9-12th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kian

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My GF and I are headed to Monterey for Veteran's Day Weekend. This is where we did our OW Cert a couple weeks ago. We plan on doing a couple shore dives each day. If any one is going to be there let me know! Since we are new to scuba we are wanting to make new friends and learning about the area while working to master our new love for underwater exploring.

Also we will be back the following weekend for our Advanced OW class.

We plan on getting to Breakwater extremely early as parking goes fast! Look forward to seeing everyone out there!

Kian

I'd recommend wharf 2 as well. Calm conditions, invertebrates up the ass, resident sea lions, electric rays, and frequently visiting otters. All with perfect parking.

Hidden Beach is just a short walk down Cannery Row. I usually park in the middle lots of BW and walk down to the building bridge that spans over the Cannery Row street. Shortly after passing that bridge there's a balcony overlooking Hidden Beach, w/ a set of stairs (on your right). Very shallow nice dive site.

I'll be at the Breakwater on the 10th w/ the UCSC Basic scuba class if you happen to catch us. We'll be next to the two white vans.

Thanks guys! We'll have to look into both these sites. G1138 We'll be there early and set up at the concrete tables.

Look forward to seeing everyone.

Kian

Kian- you guys still planning to do a dive Friday? If so what time?

I'd recommend wharf 2 as well. Calm conditions, invertebrates up the ass, resident sea lions, electric rays, and frequently visiting otters. All with perfect parking.

The harbormaster requires prior permission from the harbormaster's office and a spotter om the wharf.

Sea conditions forecasts for Friday and Saturday are over my maximums.

Kian- you guys still planning to do a dive Friday? If so what time?

We are not coming until Saturday. If the conditions are good we will dive Saturday Day and Night, Sunday and Monday Morning. If conditions are good we will get to break water at 7am to get good parking and bench. I'll know better tomorrow night and give you an update.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom