Newbie seeking advices for RX100+GoPro 3 setup before Sipadan dive trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
New member here and I've only done 6 dives so I'm a noob, please forgive my questions if they sound stupid..I'm heading to Sipadan in couple weeks doing 3 dives/day for 5 days so I want to prepare a good setup for the adventure! All of you are very experienced so hopefully you can help me out here? I'm just a recreational diver looking at 1-2 dives trips every year so I wouldn't want to spend too much on my setup..

I have a RX100 with ikelite housing I'm planning to buy a gopro 3 and just leave it on during the whole dive for backup videos.

- What's the best way to mount the gopro? Is it best to attach it with my housing or should I use pole? Which mount should I use to attach on my housing? (ikelite has gopro ball mount for DSLR housing but none for RX100 housing). Or I should I go with the tray?

- Should I get a red filter for my RX100 or can I compensate that with manually setting my own white balance with white card under water?

- I'll be joining the night dives so I assume I need 1 or 2 dive lights for my setup? Any recommendation on what dive lights should I get? How should I attach them? Should I just strap the dive lights on my wrists?

- Do I need dive light for daytime as well for video?

Once again thanks for your help, any extra tips to help me prepare for the trip will help too!

Back
Top Bottom