newbie salvo 4510 10 watt HID charging question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

astrofunk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all -

I just got my first can light, a salvo 4.5 Amp NIMH 10 Watt HID (Salvo Diving Equipment - 10.104.010 ). The light didn't come with any documentation, and I have two questions about the charger which don't seem to be answered on the salvo FAQ:

1) The charger's got two settings: 0.9 A and 1.8 A. Which one should I use?

2) The charger's got two sets of connections: one which obviously fits the battery, and one which is much smaller. What's the story on that smaller set of connections?

Also, I'm interested in general in folks' standard operating procedures when it comes to their can lights (though I know there are existing threads on this topic). Thanks a lot for any knowledge you can impart!

best,
steve

Attachments

• batter.jpg
    batter.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 88
For those of you who are playing along at home, I emailed this question to Salvo, and the answers are:

(1) Use the 1.8 A setting.

(2) The smaller connectors are for thermistors, which are not used in Salvo's battery packs.

I'll add that I emailed this question to Salvo late on a Sunday night. My answer came just a few minutes later. I cannot possibly imagine asking for better customer service!

For those of you who are playing along at home, I emailed this question to Salvo, and the answers are:

(1) Use the 1.8 A setting.

(2) The smaller connectors are for thermistors, which are not used in Salvo's battery packs.

I'll add that I emailed this question to Salvo late on a Sunday night. My answer came just a few minutes later. I cannot possibly imagine asking for better customer service!

lol, not to hijack but I just e-mailed Salvo about their manifold at 12:19am on a Sunday night/Monday morning.....and they replied back at 12:19 am on a Sunday night/Morning. In less than a minute!:11:

Back
Top Bottom