Newbie on board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubster

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Greetings!

Here to rekindle an old love and learn from the best!

I got OW certified back in '98 and was very into diving. But studies and work and life got in the way and diving took a backseat for many years.

Since 2014 we have been getting back to diving again as a family, as DH is AOWD and all our kids got OW certified, too. I finally got AOW and Nitrox certified early this year and decided to dedicate a bit more time to this dear hobby both DH and I enjoy so much.

I first did a scuba intro in Crete, and fell in love with it. Got certified in the Florida Keys, and later for a few years was diving mainly in Indonesia - Bali, the Gilis, and in the Bunaken. The past year I have been diving in the Maldives, the Noonu atoll. Raja Ampat is on our bucket list.

Absolutely love the world underwater. Love good rec dives, nothing fancy or overly complicated. I'm happy if I get 20 dives a year as I'm currently only diving when on holidays. It's all about quality over quantity for me.

Welcome

Excellent 😀 keep it up! We get next dive next month, first fr 2 years ! K
Time flies, doesn't it! After a dry patch I woke up one day and realised it had been 10 years since my last dive.. :shocked: Have to be careful not to let that happen again.

Enjoy your upcoming adventures! 🤿

Wow. You've got an amazing list of destinations, more not matched by many with much higher dive counts. Glad you got to see those. I, too, hope to dive Raja Ampat one day.

Richard.

Welcome on board! "Boo!" to life getting in the way, but "Yay!" to getting back to diving. My story, too ...but without the impressive list of dive destinations (for now 🤞)

We lived in Bali for several years, which allowed us to dive around there. In retrospect we really should've taken advantage of it even more, but life was busy with young kids..
Now we are based in Norther Europe, which is a tad less appealing as a dive destination. :wink:

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom