Newbie moving to the PI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

listener68

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
hello all. i am moving to the PI in April. I am planning to buy an atomic reg and was wondering if i can get it serviced there. Does anyone know? if not, is apeks, scubapro, or aqualung a better choice for the PI. I would require the regs to be capable of cold water diving as my move to the PI is temporary (maybe) and might have to bring it back to canada.

also, would you suggest that i buy a jacket type bcd or just go with a bpw. if a bpw, what are the brands that are carried there. from my past trips to the PI, the only one ive seen being carried there are oxycheqs. what would you recommend?

thank you in advance.

If I remember right, Scubaworld sells and services Atomic regs. Apeks, scubapro and aqualung, as well as the other popular brands (mares, oceanic, poseidon etc.), are all widely used and available in the P.I.

If you do easy reef dives like many of us, a jacket will be fine. But if bpw fits in your future plans, Halcyon, Diverite, oxycheq and other less known brands are all available.
IMO you cant go wrong with any of the above brands.:)

Back
Top Bottom