Newbie from Texas!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TridentDeep

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So, I'm new around here. Just got certified this summer and have been lurking around the board reading and finally decided to sign up. I'm in the Fort Hood area of Texas, just a bit outside Austin. I'm hoping to meet some wonderful people and make some new dive friends while here. So far I've done my open water dives at Lake Travis and some dives at Scuba Ranch. I'm a pretty big traveler and outdoor enthusiast, so scuba was another notch on the belt so to speak. Anyhow, hope to meet some of you on a dive sometime!

-Alex

Howdy, Alex! Welcome to ScubaBoard! I'm in San Antonio. Where is Scuba Ranch?

welcome, I am in Killeen as well. Lake Travis is good, but a bit of a drive. There is a fair amount of diving that goes on at Stillhouse Lake too. Both locations are lake diving, with all the good and bad that comes with that. Two shops in the area, Project Scuba in Killen, Chris and Amy are great; and Scuba Divers Paradise at Stillhouse Lake, owner Jeff is a good guy. SDP runs a club that goes out every weekend.

Welcome Alex I would recommend digning up on a site called dive buddy at DiveBuddy.com you iwill be able to post dive times to meet mew buddies etc in your area.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

welcome, I am in Killeen as well. Lake Travis is good, but a bit of a drive. There is a fair amount of diving that goes on at Stillhouse Lake too. Both locations are lake diving, with all the good and bad that comes with that. Two shops in the area, Project Scuba in Killen, Chris and Amy are great; and Scuba Divers Paradise at Stillhouse Lake, owner Jeff is a good guy. SDP runs a club that goes out every weekend.

Chris and Amy are awesome - they are who certified me. I'll be checking out SDP soon as well.

Howdy, Alex! Welcome to ScubaBoard! I'm in San Antonio. Where is Scuba Ranch?

It's out in Terrell, which is just East of Dallas. I really liked Scuba Ranch - great visibility and some interesting things to see.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone

Chris and Amy are awesome - they are who certified me. I'll be checking out SDP soon as well.

I go out to stillhouse about once a week. SDP set up a ropes course in the marina that is good for skills maintenance. I often do a quick 45 min dive around the marina. If you ever want a quick orientation just PM me, be glad to link up with you.

Welcome to Scuba Board and the wonderful world of diving! I'm at Scuba Ranch at least once a month helping with classes as a DM. Honestly I think that's the first time I've ever seen/heard someone refer to it as having great visibility. I'm not sure if they're still there but a couple weeks ago when I was there doing a club event we had some tiny jellyfish swimming around. Apparently they migrated in through the aquifer and only live about 4 months but they're a pretty cool site to see, especially if you shine a light under them to see them better. I'll actually be out there next weekend with my son who is getting his OW. His classroom and pool sessions are this weekend and then next weekend at the lake. I more than likely won't be in the water at all, though. I'll be the non-diving bystander bubblewatching on the dock.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom