Newbie Diver In Va Headed To Ochos Rios!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
For Christmas I spoiled myself and went to Grand Cayman to learn how to dive. It was my version of heaven and I am hooked. So, for my birthday I'm headed to Ochos Rios Jamaica for fun in the sun and under the water.

Looking for past experience information and suggestions from anyone who's been. I'm going solo on this trip so it would be nice to have some input on where it would be best to dive. Of course I'll find a PADI center when I get there, but I'd like to get travelling diver's perspectives.

Thanks!!!

howdy and welcome from south Florida ...have a great dive vacation in Jamaica.,

It may not be as nice underwater in Jamaica as it was in Cayman, but the fun topside of being in Jamaica may help compensate.

Are you committed to Ocho Rios specifically, or to Jamaica in general? For better diving, you might investigate Negril.

Disclaimer: We have only dived Jamaica in Negril (have never been to Ocho Rios), and I am basing my suggestion solely on information I have viewed in the past on ScubaBoard.

I've been diving in Ocho Rios a few times. I just went with the dive shop that was at the resort and they showed us a great time. We did some fun night dives and there were cool swim throughs. It is not the best place in The Caribbean to dive, but like Lorenzoid said, you'll have a great time b/c A. You're scuba diving! B. You're in Jamaica!

Have a great time!!!

Welcome to scubaboard! How was Grand Cayman? Who did you dive with? Trip report please.

Back
Top Bottom