New Zealand Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Aloha all!
I am traveling to New Zealand next week from Hawaii. I am doing some dives while there. And I would like to bring my own gear. I know they have strict laws on camping gear being brought into the country. I was wondering if anyone knows if I will have any issues bringing my scuba gear in? I have all of my own gear except tanks/weights.

Also let me know if anyone wants to some diving while I’m in town. I’ll be on the North Island around Wainui from November 12-19.
Doing the Poor Knights Islans dive one day.
Please let me know if anyone has any other diving suggestions too please!
Mahalo!

Aloha all!
I am traveling to New Zealand next week from Hawaii. I am doing some dives while there. And I would like to bring my own gear. I know they have strict laws on camping gear being brought into the country. I was wondering if anyone knows if I will have any issues bringing my scuba gear in? I have all of my own gear except tanks/weights.

Also let me know if anyone wants to some diving while I’m in town. I’ll be on the North Island around Wainui from November 12-19.
Doing the Poor Knights Islans dive one day.
Please let me know if anyone has any other diving suggestions too please!
Mahalo!
no issues bringing in gear but it has to be dry if you been in fresh water in particular and camping or hiking gear will be inspected so dont try any funny stuff

poor knights is well worth it - also do the canterbury wreck if you get time

poor knights is well worth it - also do the canterbury wreck if you get time
Sorry to be a negative Nell, I wasn't that impressed by Poor Knights. I had heard reports that compared it favoribly to Browning Pass BC. It was Ok, but there just isn't enough current to support the density of life seen at Browning Pass

If you're used to diving a drysuit, rent one there. I was warm and comfortable my second dive, other folks were pretty chilled in 7mm suits

Sorry to be a negative Nell, I wasn't that impressed by Poor Knights. I had heard reports that compared it favoribly to Browning Pass BC. It was Ok, but there just isn't enough current to support the density of life seen at Browning Pass
I have dived all over the Pacific and the diving at the Poor Knights is as good as or better than PNG, Solomon Islands, Palau and more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom