New Z gear BCD Mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bburkes

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I wanted to post on here and tell you about my experience with Z gear.

I purchased their BC shoulder mount this past spring but noticed during my first trip that the reg hose got in the way at times. Well, a few of my dive buddies added some links to the loc link system this mount used. It worked great until......

I was in North Carolina, Beaufort area, diving in a steady current with 3 ft swells. I hit the water and dropped to 15ft to the side line. about that time the boat hit a swell. the rope went up, came came down on my shoulder, hooked the mount and went up on another swell. I heard a pop. "NOT GOOD!" I turn to see the blunt end of a mount and no camera. I turn round and see the camera being carried away from me in the current and steadily sinking. After thinking for about 2 nano seconds and know that my newly certified girlfriends first ocean dives were still in the memory card that was about to be lost i gave chase.

long story short I got the camera popped it back on and fought the current to end up on the trailer rope of the boat. I did finish the dive, once I caught my breathe.

It became very evident that I had found a point of failure in my addition to this mount.

A few weeks later someone on ScubaBoard was talking about their mount and I happen to mention that at the base of my shoulder mount was begining to crack. Z Gear read this and got in contact with me.

Pay attention here, this is why you need to do business with this company.

They not only wanted to send me a new mount but after telling them about the mods I had made to it and the problem I had in NC, they wanted to not only send me a new mount but improve on the mod that I was trying to make by adding links.

What they came up with was incredible and they now have it avaliable for sell as an extention kit. I need all of my diver friends that love using their go pro on dives to look into this product.

This company is all about the customer and values our input.

Here is a link to their site: Z GEAR, Scuba, Carlsbad, CA 92009 - about
(if you go to the middle of the page you will actually see a video I made using the mount.)

Did you need lights when using this mount?

I agree they are definately great to work with and care about quality and getting input on making things better ..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom