New Years Day Diving @ Guppy Gulch (Free)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kustomguitarist

Registered
Reaction score
It looks like Guppy Gulch will have free admission and free food on New Years day.
More info on their page at guppygulch.com

I'm thinking about going to test out my new 7mm wetsuit. Anyone else up for a cold dive?

It looks like Guppy Gulch will have free admission and free food on New Years day.
More info on their page at guppygulch.com

I'm thinking about going to test out my new 7mm wetsuit. Anyone else up for a cold dive?

7mm only if you've got a heater in it : )

We have a few people who will be there... feel free to join us : )

Hey- I'm new to the area and was thinking about this New Years Dive. Is Guppy Gulch an elevation dive? Also, any ideas on what the water temp will be?

I was in Guppy this weekend, Sat & Sun doing a private checkout. Water temp was a consistent 39 degrees on my computer from the surface down to 41 feet. My computer seems to read a couple of degree's colder than most so it's possible it was really 41-42 degrees. I was in a dry suit, while my student was diving in a 7mm. We did 4 dives over the 2 days averaging 25 minutes each. He never complained, but to me a 7mm is just a little on the lite side for this time of year. Most people can handle it for 1 30 minute dive, but after that it's cold!!!!. I'll be up on New Year's Day along with Underwater Playground.

I should be there on the first with my dive buddy Brad. So that is 2 more people. On their site it says they open at 12 noon, any idea when they close? And I agree we will be dry.

Russ

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom