New Years Day Dive - Rolesville Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

suthnbelle

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A group of us from the NC forum are meeting at Fantasy Lake/Rolesville Quarry around 11AM on Sunday for our 2nd annual NYD dive. We'll set up near the beach area. Gypsy Divers' club is always in attendance which makes for a great crowd. They even have some hardy souls who do polar bear swims. Brrrrrrrr!

Mel

herman:
No way I'm getting in the water but I may just drop by and say hello.

And it was so good to see you Herman!

My day at the quarry sort of sucked. I had to call my dive because of sinus problems and vertigo. I think calling a dive when you're dying to dive is one of the hardest things to do. I knew if I pushed it I'd regret it later so I climbed out of the freezing water and left Bobby, Marci and Bob to play with reels. The rest of the group had ventured off to check out the rock crusher. We had twelve show up from the NC group which was awesome. It was great hanging out with everyone, and thanks guys for bringing all the food and drinks. You all rock!

Herman, when you get a chance post your group photo. The one on my camera didnt turn out.

Mel

I was a great day of Diving, eating and hanging out friends. I had a blast.

suthnbelle:
And it was so good to see you Herman!
Herman, when you get a chance post your group photo. The one on my camera didnt turn out.

Mel

It was really nice to see you and the rest of the bunch again. I have already put the pictues on the NC board but here they are. If you want a full size/quality picture I will be happy to send you one.

Here are the few taken with my camera. Notice all vehicles of the group are either white, red or black. lol

Marci all prepared to warm up after her dive. She was even kind enough to share with Jason above. lol Then me preparing for the dive that didn't happen. :(

Be careful...you'll start a new diving trend with the head and hand warmer....It didn't take Jason long get on board....LOL

Bob_B:
Be careful...you'll start a new diving trend with the head and hand warmer....It didn't take Jason long get on board....LOL

Bob, you are so right. I think someone needs to post the photo of what a diver looks like when in search of their head and hand warmer. :D

Alright, where's my hand warmer and my hat Damn it!
Jason.JPG

Ah, much better!
normal_jason.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom