New Years Cozumel Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ddavies

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have returned from my first warm water dive vacation. We went to Cozumel after the first big storm and was gone during the second. What a time for my snow blower to quit working. :shakehead

As for Cozumel, the weather was great, low 80’s partly clouding. Water temperature at depth was 82-84 with calm seas. Most of you have been there, done that but this was my first time. At Coz you do drift dives. I think drift is not the correct word for this. Drift diving sounds like you lazily and slowly move past the reef. There were days where we were doing 'zoom' diving. Or as the dive master said ‘Today you are going to fly’. :superman: There were of course, other days and locations where the current was not so strong. Doing swim throughs and canyons was much more interesting then the lakes around here. I also got to do one night dive where I saw lots of octopi and my first puffer fish.

I have put some pictures up on my website. There not to bad considering the camera is one of the point and click cheapy film cameras. Of course they are not the quality of Ron’s pictures but then he spent a lot more for is camera. :eyebrow:

http://ddavies.home.att.net/coz/coz.html

Hey Dan,

Nice pictures! ..and it sounds like a great trip! If you weren't totally hooked before, I'll bet that you are now!

I love the drift diving in Coz. You adjust your depth and position in the water, and then enjoy the show as you go by.
The coral heads, canyons, swim throughs, etc are magnificent!
Restaurants are great.
I've made some good friends there.
Yep, Coz is a great local dive spot, only 3 1/2 hours away. Heck, the Blue Hole is over 6 hours! And by the time you pay for gas, food, and lodging, Coz isn't too much more expensive!

Well the good news is, I did not turn into a warm water wuss. I had a couple of people tell me once I do warm water, I won't want to dive around here anymore. WRONG. I will get my drysuit back tomorrow and then I am ready to go to the blue hole later this month.

Ron, good news -- I now have a Honda Accord to drive down to the Blue Hole. That should reduce our gas bill!

Looks great Dan! Coz is always a great bet for diving. Warm water, lots of sea life and easy living!!

BTW, bring that Accord down and I'll have some hangers for you!!!

Great pictures, and sounds like you guys had a great time. It is a pretty wild feeling zooming along in the current isn't it?

ABQdiver:
BTW, bring that Accord down and I'll have some hangers for you!!!

Speaking of, when is your next trip to BH Kevin?

Jasonmh:
Speaking of, when is your next trip to BH Kevin?

Well, the third Sunday could work!

ddavies

how was Hotel Cozumel (food,rooms, etc)? We are staying there March 30 to April 6.

Hey Dan,

Looks like you had a great time, and nice photo's. We need to get you into a digital housing for whatever digital you have! :D

So what were you diving at night? Paradise Reef maybe?

Looks like you got some good diving in.

I would not mind a trip down to the hole in Feb if you are up for that. I would like to hook up with Kevin, but we may need to play it based on the weather.

ddavies:
I have returned from my first warm water dive vacation. We went to Cozumel after the first big storm and was gone during the second. What a time for my snow blower to quit working. :shakehead

I completely feel your pain. On the first storm (Oct) mine went south. So on the second storm (first in Dec) I was blowerless with 4feet of snow in the driveway! :shakehead

My neighbor helped out, and we got that cleared. I then went looking for a snowblower, and the freaked out Denver folks had purchased every used/new snowblower over 5hp in the entire state!

Fortunately I found a used John Deere purely by luck that really kicks some snobutt before the third storm. What is UP with this weather! I'm growing rather tired of the cold! :pity_part

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom