New XTAR diving lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hatul

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was pleased to see XTAR has a booth at the Long Beach Convention Center Scuba Show. Two new lights that caught my eye were a small video light with 1200 lumens built on the D06 body and a new D06 with a new LED that gives 1600 lumens. Both run on the 18650 battery. Unfortunately neither of these are available for sale yet outside of the scuba show.

they should offer a larger diameter body to accommodate a larger 26650 battery. doing so would double the run time of these single battery lights for a small difference in diameter.

they should offer a larger diameter body to accommodate a larger 26650 battery. doing so would double the run time of these single battery lights for a small difference in diameter.
They do. That's a different light.

I like the size of the D06 with the 18650 battery as a dive light. I use it on my wrist in an Oxycheq light sock.

The 1200 lumen video light based on the D06 handle unfortunately is not bright enough IMO. This one should be using a bigger battery like the 26650 and a brighter or multiple LED.

Back
Top Bottom