New wreck any Info ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stiggy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Anyone dived the new wreck of khao lak yet ?

I hear its at a nice depth in clear water and im heading that way next week.

Look forward to getting wet then heading down to Phuket after.

I assume you're talking about the new one........top at 26-ish meter, bottom at 40-ish meter.....

A couple of my colleagues went - say it's really nice, viz only around 10 meter when they went though (two different occasions). No growth yet and not much wild life, because it's so new. Impressive structure, big. They really liked it, but we're not going to put it on our schedule yet...

Karin

We had 4 days on it last week doing a survey. It's the Sea Chart 1 - 27m to the top, 38m to the sand. Vis was a bit variable with a strong thermocline coming and going. Current was quite strong at times and the line on the bow interesting.

Worth a look. PM me if you want the GPS marks.

We had 4 days on it last week doing a survey. It's the Sea Chart 1 - 27m to the top, 38m to the sand. Vis was a bit variable with a strong thermocline coming and going. Current was quite strong at times and the line on the bow interesting.

Worth a look. PM me if you want the GPS marks.

Any more details?

Total length, type of vessel, penetration capabilities?

How does it compare to the current and long standing wrecks in the area?

John

John,

It's a thai cargo freighter that was carrying a load of teak logs from burma to malaysia. Length approx 90m, lying on it's side with it's load spilt everywhere. We managed to penetrate the bridge & captains cabin but most of the doors still need to be opened and secured.

It's only been down since August so not too much marine life as yet....................worth a look.

Attachments

• shipphotoseachart1-300x225.jpg
    shipphotoseachart1-300x225.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 45
  • shipphotoseachart3-300x225.jpg
    shipphotoseachart3-300x225.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 41
  • shipphotoseachart4-300x225.jpg
    shipphotoseachart4-300x225.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 33
  • shipphotoseachart21-300x225.jpg
    shipphotoseachart21-300x225.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 37
John,

It's a thai cargo freighter that was carrying a load of teak logs from burma to malaysia. Length approx 90m, lying on it's side with it's load spilt everywhere. We managed to penetrate the bridge & captains cabin but most of the doors still need to be opened and secured.

It's only been down since August so not too much marine life as yet....................worth a look.

Sound perfect, about time you West Coasties had another wreck. I'm envious.

There's loads of stuff that side , if only someone put the time in to look

Anyone dived the new wreck of khao lak yet ?

I hear its at a nice depth in clear water and im heading that way next week.

Look forward to getting wet then heading down to Phuket after.

Stiggy,

Remember to pinch your nose and gently blow, and if you don't like it tell your instructor, diving's not for everyone, so don't be embarrassed if you can't do it. There's always golf.

Thankfully nowdays I can stand up in a set of twins without my legs snapping ?

Providing I dont get mistaken as a mate for a whaleshark I should be fine.

You know what you can do with your Golf.

Anyone running trips out there yet?

I will be in Phuket in around Feb 5th with all my tech gear. Would love to get a few wrecks in. Im all for the pretty fishys but am a wreck diver at heart.

Any info would be great.

Cheers,
Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom