New Wetsuit Very Very Tight Please Advise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadude223

Contributor
Reaction score
I just picked up my Bare Mens Arctic 2 piece Wetsuit with a hood and it is medium tall. I fit perfectly into what Bare says I should. My question is ,is that the suit is very very constricting and took me 10 minutes to get on and when I did it was very very tight. Are all new Wetsuites like this. Do they require a breaking in period such as wearing them for a few hours. Please help me I would return it but I want to make sure its just not my stupidity.

scubadude223:
I just picked up my Bare Mens Arctic 2 piece Wetsuit with a hood and it is medium tall. I fit perfectly into what Bare says I should. Muy question is is that the Suit is very very constricting and took me 10 minutes to get on and when I did it was very very tight. Are all new Wetsuites like this. Do they require a breaking in period such as wearing them for a few hours. Please help me I would return it but I want to make sure its just not my stupidity.

Well, wetsuits should be tight, but not so tight that they are uncomfortable.

Where is this suit tight? Can you breath easily in it? If you are unable to move freely, and it is restricting breathing in any way, get a larger size.

They will not really *loosen up*. Did you purchase this at an LDS? Just because it SAYS is should fit, and you can pour yourself into it does NOT mean it's a good fit. Without seeing the fit it's very difficult to determine if it's OK. But IMO exchange it for a Large, or Large Tall if you still need tall in the large size.

scubadude, did you try using talcum powder on the suit?

did you wear a skin before donning the suit?

these two steps can make putting the suit on A LOT easier

yeah... try using a skin and talcum powder and see how easy it is to get on,
and more importantly, how comfortable it is once you have it on.

if you can, swim with it for a "real" test of comfort

Or if it is dusted with talcum powder?
If the suit keeps you from breathing comfortably, including a good deep breath, it is too tight.

yea, just rinse and dry the thing

they'll never know

Evening!

I was diving a Whites ADS Wetsuit for quite a long while. After 150 dives I finally decided to upgrade to a drysuit... Anyway ...

The first time I put on the wetsuit I was trying for like 15 mins just to get it on, the more I was sweating the harder it became. After the suit was on I don't think I was able to touch my toes, let alone my knees. My LDS told me take it home and put in on in the shower.

After getting it and myself wet it felt great! I had to trim the neck seal a little but otherwise good fit. Having the layer of water between me and the suit made all the difference in the world.

My advice try it on at the pool or the shower... And oh make sure someone is there to help in case your zipper gets jammed... Because I've had a "friend" spend a couple of hours in the shower waiting for his girlfriend to come home and help.

B

PS ... Yeah... A Friend

Back
Top Bottom