New wet suit question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rudyh

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just bought my first 7 mil aqualock wetsuit. All my dives have been warm water dives but I am going up to dutch springs this weekend for my aow class. I bought a xl going by the size chart according to henderson. I'm 6' 200 lbs. I bought instead of renting because the only way you get better is to dive,dive and more diving. I wanted a xl tall but dive shop said would be to big. The xl when I put it on is tight as expected but the boys feel like there getting crushed. Very, very tight in the crouch area. Should I ask my dive shop to get me a xl tall to see what the difference is or is the xl the right size and i just have to get use to the tight fit. I really like my dive shop, they have never steered me wrong and have great prices. I just don't want to be a pain in the ass. They also said it should be real snug so no water or limited water gets in, it defeats the purpose being to loose. Thanks for your help. Rudy

better a pain in the ass than a pain in he ba##############'s.

im 6'3" and 195 and wear a henderson large, long and it fits me fine. my pinnacle is a large' tall. i think you probably need a tall size. how does it feel around the neck when you bend forward and touch your toes?

They wont take it back now. I have plenty of crotch room so Id say its too short for sure .Bummer!

If height (long torso) is a concern the armpits are a better metric than "the boys. Does it seat into your armpits and do you have good range of shoulder motion?

It's your money, get what you want. They recommend, you decide.

Well, you'll sound like a Tech Master Diver, there's that.

Back
Top Bottom