New way to mount gopros?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divezonescuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Points in the same direction as your head, not affected by bubbles, easily mounted and dismounted. Does have to have the image inverted in the setting menu.

Without GoPro mounted

649DC401-6762-4B5E-92A4-26D649F2494E.jpeg

With GoPro mounted

C88FBFBF-5C26-40BB-969A-8E43F5A33BD6.jpeg

It does not weigh much on land, even less in the water. It is not subject to bubbles in certain trim / orientations. More difficult to lose than on your head.

Being field tested in bora bora this week.

Mounted to your goodman light handle, there are no bubbles, its allways aimed at the light source, image is always stable (if you are), and won't be flopping aroung or dragging on the bottom.......Your scheme is creative, ingenious, and novel, but probably terrible. Good luck.

Have you tried it extensively? Hero4 w case and filter is 3.2oz (I actually weighed all of my UW accessories when I was making my own buoyancy floats). I would think even a few ounces can be fatiguing on the jaw after awhile. There are simple ways to secure headmounts.

I'm not a fan of head mounts anyway, videos where the camera is turning with the head look to me like the chaotic view of a housefly. Your brain smooths out the movements and your eyes are not fixed in place. I suppose it's ok if you need hands free, as in spearfishing or instructing.

Mounted to your goodman light handle, there are no bubbles, its allways aimed at the light source, image is always stable (if you are), and won't be flopping aroung or dragging on the bottom.......Your scheme is creative, ingenious, and novel, but probably terrible. Good luck.

I use mine on the UWLD video bracket from @Bobby . Can use it without taking the canister light which is nice too.

@ReefHound you can get good ones but the diver needs to be cognizant of where they are looking. We use them for cave diving to be hands free but only pull short clips if something particularly useful comes up.

There is just something about attaching a non-essential accessory to a second stage that doesn't feel right. I could say it might get in the way if you must donate primary or need to recover reg from behind you but that's reaching. I can't put my finger on it.

Hmmm, creative!

I won't get into any debate as to whether it's a good idea or not, but please do let us know how comfortable and functional it is!

I was using my gopro on wrist strap before, but found it to be too bouncy for good footage without post stabilization. I'm guessing the goodman handle would be about the same.... I have now switched to a tray mount and have much better results; more stable and smooth.

There is just something about attaching a non-essential accessory to a second stage that doesn't feel right. I could say it might get in the way if you must donate primary or need to recover reg from behind you but that's reaching. I can't put my finger on it.

N.E.R.D. Similar criticism?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom