New VT 4.0 dive computer questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hanlol

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Recently I bought the VT 4.0 dive computer with the wireless transmitter. I noticed on the first dive that water was penetrating underneath the plastic cover that goes over the LCD screen. Since the computer was working fine, I continued the dive. I looked it up on the manual but I can't find anything on it. Is this behavior normal?

Is the plastic a piece that is fitted over the glass display screen? If so, it is a screen protector and water should flow freely around it when submerged. It is also removeable so you can replace it if it gets scratched up.

I don't have a VT4, but all 3 of our VT3s came with plastic scratch protectors installed, so I'm thinking the VT4 has the same thing.

Whew! Thanks, that's reassuring. I thought it might be something like that since it still worked underwater. It's an awesome computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom