new underwater housing pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hcs3

Reaction score
just recieved my UW housing for my camera. no ocean was nearby, but my aquarium was within reach :)

UnderwaterPics011.JPG

a montipora:

UnderwaterPics009.JPG

i decided to get a bit closer to that same monti:

UnderwaterPics008.JPG

UnderwaterPics001.JPG

you can find a few more pics here:

http://www.saltyendeavors.homestead.com/files/underwaterindex.html

Cool pics Henry! Getting the boat ready for the Keys? We leave for Coz on the 15th. I can't wait!

Cool pics Henry! Getting the boat ready for the Keys? We leave for Coz on the 15th. I can't wait!

thanks duane! 18 days until we leave ourselves. getting psyched, so of course we had to break the boat out of stoarge. i'm still out of work, so i've been playing at the lake probably more than my wife appreciates :) i walked into the LFS last week and the owner asked me if i got a job working outside cause of my early season tan. my reply was "heck no, it is boating season." :eek:ut:

have fun in coz!

- Henry

How do you like the camera? CP5700 right? What housing and strobe are you using, I am still deciding whether to go with Nikon or Olympus.

yes, nikon 5700.

the camera is amazing. the pics simply blow me away. i cannot post the originals onto the web cause they are so graphic intense. i usually reduce file size by 75%, which renders a nice photo, but nothing close to what the original looks like. with a high quality printer, i can print 8x11 photos that look as good as any traditional 35mm print 8x11 i have seen.

i have not had the chance to take it diving with me, yet. in 3 weeks i will :)

if you like to take macro photogrpahy, the purhcase of this camera really is a no brainer. i would only consider the SLR camera from nikon or canon to be better digital cameras at this time.

HTH

henry

I also have a 5700 and it is an AWESOME camera. Have only used mine above water, though. I was considering it for UW photography, but after viewing housing information on Ikelite site, I decided against (http://www.ikelite.com/web_pages/cp5700new.html). They basically said that the lens may not be wide enough for UW use and lens extension distance precludes use of add-on lenses. I ended up getting S&S 35mm for UW. Been having some second thoughts, though, since I'd like advantages of digital UW (just couldn't stand thought of buying another digital camera to compete with my 5700!). Anyway, I wish you luck with your UW photography.

Which housing did you get?

Good luck and please keep us posted!

Michael

Which housing did you get?

the ikelite.

i have no problems zooming in our out with my nikon when in the housing. not sure what you mean. ikelite's webpage says the zoom being a factor only with add-on lenses. i cannot attach add-on lenses, but since i usually only take macro photos, and the nikon 5700 is the best non-slr macro camera on the market, i see no reason for using an add-on lense.

FWIW, i just sold my S&S 35mm :)

HTH

I meant the casing wasn't large enough so you could use the camera with the add-on lenses (like WA adapter). Anyway, enjoy the camera and please post some pics asap! Perhaps I'll go the same route.

cheers,
Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom