New toys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Last week I gave the team leader a list of equipment we need. I just got off the phone with him and he ordered a bunch of it.

Several new Sterns float coats.
Several new Sterns 100mph PFD’s
A bunch of new Schrade knives for diving and the PFD’s
Lights and whistles for the PFD’s
A dozen or so Strobes for our tanks
30 pair of dry suit gloves.
And some other toys.

A few new DUI TLS350 dry suits are next so we can replace our White’s and put them in a spares.

It's fun when there is money available. Right now I don't have any and look at what we get. :D

It sure is nice to be in a department that recognizes the need for the team and does a good job taking care of us. Not the best but I bet we are in the top 10%.

Gary D.

You guys should be able to tap Homeland Security money through your state. If it has to do with life support and communications (like AGA Masks w/comm) and your attached to any governmental agency(town,county,state) you should be able to qualify. Let me know if you want some contact info.

Greg D.:
we have a grant proposal in as we speak :wink:

Awesome. Not everyone is aware that these State HLS administrators are just looking for agencies to give money to. It's a great way to procure some new stuff.

rapidiver:
You guys should be able to tap Homeland Security money through your state. If it has to do with life support and communications (like AGA Masks w/comm) and your attached to any governmental agency(town,county,state) you should be able to qualify. Let me know if you want some contact info.
The state totally overlooked the divers when it put in for the money. They will not even listen to us. We have it made with the department but we are just like the majority of other teams when it comes to the state control issues.

Gary D.

rapidiver:

I would definietly be interested. I am in the embryonic stage of developing a team for our volunteer fire department and we definitely need equipment.

renpirate:
I would definietly be interested. I am in the embryonic stage of developing a team for our volunteer fire department and we definitely need equipment.

I'll PM you the contact info. Just remember to use keywords like: first responder, life support equipment, emergency communications and the like.

rapidiver:
I'll PM you the contact info. Just remember to use keywords like: first responder, life support equipment, emergency communications and the like.

Thanks that would be great!

Back
Top Bottom