New to this site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I still use my MK Vll, it's my newest regulator at 30 years old. You can get the rebuild kits for it. Learn how to do it yourself.

Sound advice, I will do that. Hooked to my D300 I havent found a single reg. new or otherwise that breathes better. I miss my MKVII and the 300 bucks it cost to replace it with a MK25 thats not as good.. as far as im concerned.
D.

dbg40, In feel your pain, like I said, all this "education" you mentioned comes from where? I question the entire legitimacy of profit oriented dive agencies that will not let me dive and do everything they can to shut us down and yet certify people in one or two nights who cannot even swim. What is safer?, someone who was a competitive distance swimmer who has been diving since 66ish and not killed himself yet or someone who cannot swim a lick, is overweighted and loks like the Michelon Man with giiant BCs and hoses and gizmos and even a pair of scissors. Some of these people need a life jacket when they take a bath and yet they are CERTIFIED! By the way, most all of us are certified, I saw cards in some of these guys hands that were in heiroglyphics, one well known vintage diver guy has a card carved in stone---lol. All in fun. N

Yeah, I had to certify in 76 when the dive shop cut me off at the knees. I was amazed at how much MORE down time I had than my "instructor" but...whatta you do.
shut your mouth and repeat what you were...tought... 2 trips to the pool, 2 trips to 25' calm ocean, = 1 diver? What the hell was that all about??

I continue to make friends. Check out my new post in "diving non certified" I have to learn the skill of staying OUT of battles that can't be won! I think I may be becoming a militant, what would my mother think.

dbg40,
That what happens when you 'dare' to have your own opinion on a message board! lol!

dbg40, calm down, it is going to be all OK---lol. N

WHEW! Im tired, Think ill just "beat my sword into an aqua master" and retire!
New question, I was looking at a Royal on ebay, looks pretty good but its a "newer one" with the round sticker. what are your thoughts? the seasons getting rolling and I want to replace my lost DA. Never had a royal, only my golden that I can't use, (although its tempting) are there any diferences in the old vs. newer royals, other than not looking as good as the square labeled ones? One drawback is I dont think you can replace the sticker if it gets dinged up. Any thing else? Thanks.
Dave.

I have a round label and a square label. They breath essentially the same however I have to give the edge to the round label. I am sure this is just a minor tuning issue as they appear identical inside. The square label ID plate is held on by two bent over tabs. The round label is actually a silk screened metal plate that is attached to the body with an adhesive. Neither are especially replaceable because where would you find a new one for either? Frankly, I kinda like the round label better and mine is mint and breaths super smooth. I would get the Royal, first stage parts are easier to find and several guys in the vintage community can rebuild them for not that much money. The DA has decent parts availabiltiy as well but consider that the first stage of the Royal has the same parts in it that the Conshelf series has and you see it's advantage in that area.
Do not use that gold job, in the right place and time it could be worth thousands!! N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom