New to the Forum, and New to Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kml1987

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Good Evening All,

I just wanted to take the time to introduce myself to everyone. I am new to the forum as well as new to diving, although I have been around diving most of my life. I fell in love with diving at a young age while watching JAWS. Although this movie scared many people out of the water it made me want to be in the water diving like Hooper. Unfortunately I was only five at the time and too young to dive.

Fast forward five years and I am sitting in our living room and a show comes and my dad immediately starts talking about the magazine articles surrounding this shipwreck we are watching a show about. That ship wreck was the Atocha, well this just increases my want to be diving more. We even went to the dive shop and talked with them about me diving and they suggested me waiting a few years due to my age. Well unfortunately for me when I was of age and been cleared by my doctor we didn't have the money for me to go diving.

Well once I got out on my own it took me some time, but I finally put away the money and my wife and I took our open water class. We have completed the classroom and pool work but now have to complete our open water portion.

I look forward in participating on the forum and interacting with everyone!

Thanks

Matt

Welcome to SB!

Hopefully you'll join in the conversation... we can always use another voice.

Ray

Sounds good. Any idea what region you will likely be diving in? Or what part of the U.S. you're operating out of?

Richard.

Welcome to SB kml1987! Congrats on you and your wife getting certified!

Sounds good. Any idea what region you will likely be diving in? Or what part of the U.S. you're operating out of?

Richard.

I operate out of central Virginia, but will most likely be diving out of North Carolina and Florida. My dream trip is a live aboard trip to Truk Lagoon.

howdy and welcome from south Florida....all good things come to those who wait.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom