New to the FL area - looking for dive club, recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jejton

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I recently moved to Broward county and am looking for dive clubs, as well as recommendations for local dive operators and shops. I have about 50 dives logged and its been over a year so want to get my gear serviced and wet! I have previously dived out of Key Largo but am looking for some local options for when I have a free morning or afternoon. TIA

I like Sea Experience off off Seabreeze.
Great people!
For shore diving I joined meetup and go with either gold cost scuba or south Florida beach divers.
Don’t know if any clubs.

Good Morning! We have an awesome dive club here in Key Largo. It's made of people all over the country, as well as outside the country. We try to do 3-4 trips a year. We just got back from Little Cayman, we're going to Turks and Caicos next month, Palau in April, and Bonaire in October 2019 with more trips to come. Check out our website, facebook, or give me a call at the shop! We'd love to chat with you!

Amber

Good Morning! We have an awesome dive club here in Key Largo. It's made of people all over the country, as well as outside the country. We try to do 3-4 trips a year. We just got back from Little Cayman, we're going to Turks and Caicos next month, Palau in April, and Bonaire in October 2019 with more trips to come. Check out our website, facebook, or give me a call at the shop! We'd love to chat with you!

Amber

Thanks, I'll definitely check you out when I'm in the area ! I would also like to find both a shop and if possible, a club closer to me (Hollywood/Ft. Lauderdale/North Miami Beach). Some changes (for the better) in my life, along with the move to Florida, mean that I can potentially dive a few times/month potentially. I also need to get my gear serviced and would like a local shop for that.

I recently moved to Broward county and am looking for dive clubs, as well as recommendations for local dive operators and shops. I have about 50 dives logged and its been over a year so want to get my gear serviced and wet! I have previously dived out of Key Largo but am looking for some local options for when I have a free morning or afternoon. TIA

You are always welcome to join us at South Florida Beach Divers. All our beach dives are free of charge. We are in the water 6-7 times a week. Here is a link to our calendar: South Florida Beach Divers (Hollywood, FL)

I'll put in a +1 for South Florida Beach Divers.

You are always welcome to join us at South Florida Beach Divers. All our beach dives are free of charge. We are in the water 6-7 times a week. Here is a link to our calendar: South Florida Beach Divers (Hollywood, FL)

I also joined beach divers but I haven’t had a chance to go with them yet. They always post great dives. I believe this is Tom posting? If so you were my instructor during my Pool open water dives through Aquatic Ventures
Aquatic ventures is a great local shop here in broward. I used them for my OW and Nitrox certs and have continued to join the shop as a guest diver when I get free time. I can’t recommend them enough. Great people. Not a huge building but they have a nice selection of products in house, do air fills as well as offer VIS and HYDRO testing done by them personally (their personal offsite facilitie) Not a secondary company. Kery the owner is a friendly and fun guy.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom