New to the board, new to scuba diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pat85

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all!
A new member here, all the way from the Netherlands.
I'm Patrick, 34 yo, and new to the forums, and new to scuba diving...
A few years back I did a fun dive (Dalyan Turkey), scrapped scuba of my bucketlist and that was it...been snorkelling in the Dominican Republic, Thailand, and never missed the scuba diving...

Next june I'm visiting Honolulu, Hawaii and adding a few days of vacation there, always dreamt of scuba diving in those waters, so here I am...preparing to get my license.

Unfortunately recently I had to undergo some (planned) nose surgery...so no more scuba diving this year...
I visited my local dive shop, hung out, talked to the owner/instructors, and after some input from friends who dove there, decided to take the SSI OWD course at this site.
The next couple of months I will be reading up on all things scuba (already read all SSI theory manuals, preparing for the 'exam'), lurking around these forums, try not to ask too much stupid questions and hopefully we'll have a soft winter over here, so I can start my OW course early next spring, when the water reaches wetsuit temperatures again!

Talk to you soon!

Welcome! You've been traveling, so you'll have a good comfort level with going places to dive. That'll come in handy.

Welcome to ScubaBoard Patrick. It's a wonderful place to dive on land.
Glad you decided to join the group.

Welcome! If you are interested, I wrote a little dive planning doc that you may find interesting. Enjoy the journey!

Attachments

• Dive Planning for Open Water StudentsV2_01.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 172
Welcome to the board. Once you get certified, give me a shout if you head to any the quarries/lakes across the border in Belgium.

Cheers,
-Z

Welcome to the board. Once you get certified, give me a shout if you head to any the quarries/lakes across the border in Belgium.

Cheers,
-Z

Awesome! I will, thanks!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom