New to spearfishing. Where's a good place in Fort Lauderdale, FL?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zak87

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
im down in ft lauderdale fl working and got my o/w and want to try spearfishing but do not know where to go i have a 16 foot bay boat and all my own gear.

in ft lauderdale, you can most likely just go out and watch the depth finder as you go from 30-70 feet, there should be a reef line running parallel with the shore, and you will see it jump up a few feet, than a gradual slope down the back of the reef.

definitely just find a reef like the guy above said...or you can go to any dive shop and look at their books for spots. everyone has a few of their favs :wink:

Just try to find more off the beaten path spots. The spots that have mooring balls and are in the local dive guides tend to get hammered pretty hard and be less productive. Also, if you aren't up on local regulations, size limits and bag limits make sure you get up to speed with them before you go.

well i am going to try my luck at Tenneco Towers with my dad girl friend and dive buddy and instructor Micheal wish me luck

well i am going to try my luck at Tenneco Towers with my dad girl friend and dive buddy and instructor Micheal wish me luck

on a flat day you'll not have a problem...awesome dive. definitely worth the trip.

make sure you take your speargun if you wanna fish. good place.

got my first hogs to day heres a pic of one thanks guyz

Attachments

• Photo_01.JPG
    Photo_01.JPG
    174.5 KB · Views: 2,265
thanks bud maybe i can get a grouper next time

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom