New to Scubaboard!.. Question about Scubapro Bella BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi guys,

I've been using the Aqualung Wave ever since I started diving and the BCD is fine have had no disagreements with this, I wanted to buy a new BCD and got recommended the Scubapro Bella fitted for women. I've ordered this online and it's come, it's so uncomfortable!! Has anyone else experienced that the pockets are way too high and dig in under the arms? Or is it just something I need to get used to!

Help!!! Deciding whether to send back

Hi Millie-diving: I have no experience with the Bella BC, having pockets digging in under your arms is not something you should have to get used to. Your equipment should be comfortable and accessible, if not, it doesn't fit you.

I don't think Scubapro has been selling the Bella for so many years because everyone just gets used to how uncomfortable it is. It's apparently not the right BC for you. Most women's specific models are cut better for the female figure - not worse.

One other thing to consider is that the Bella (from pictures on the website) seems to be pretty high cut on the sides with big pockets and it's a jacket model. Since there are issues with fit, once inflated with a load on it in water that may get worse as the sides are not going to do anything but try to pull up farther into your arms.

Look at their Ladyhawk also - more money but it has all the inflation on your back and the weight pockets/pockets lower down along your waist. http://www.scubapro.com/en-US/USA/bcs/products/ladyhawk.aspx

Aqualung and Zeagle also make women's cut models as an option after you send it back.

You liked the Wave, you might like the Lotus (back-inflate) or the Pearl (jacket) also. Both more features for more money - although I'm looking at US prices and overseas pricing sometimes is more in line. Both are women-specific models also.

Lotus - Aqua Lung US - Personal Aquatic Equipment for Recreational and Professional Use
Pearl - Aqua Lung US - Personal Aquatic Equipment for Recreational and Professional Use

Women here like the Zeagle Zena also. It uses their PFS - Personal Fit System so a dealer can mix/match body panels if needed. Also back-inflate. Zeagle Zena

hth,

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom