New to ScubaBoard-Looking for an outfit to dive with in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NavyMom

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi There! My name is Anne and I love all things water and SUN! I got re-certified with my son last summer and had a blast diving with him. He is now stationed in the middle of the Pacific on the T Roosevelt. I miss my dive buddy but I am learning to dive without him for the time being. My husband enjoys snorkeling! We are headed to the Southern Caribbean in March and looking for suggestions of outfits to dive with in Bonaire, Curacao, and St. Maarten. Thank you!:):unitedstates:

For Curacao, who to dive with may depend in large part on where you are staying. I can make some suggestions with a bit more info. Do you like big resort or small and quiet? Mostly boat or shore diving? Cooking in or eating out?

Hi There! My name is Anne and I love all things water and SUN! I got re-certified with my son last summer and had a blast diving with him. He is now stationed in the middle of the Pacific on the T Roosevelt. I miss my dive buddy but I am learning to dive without him for the time being. My husband enjoys snorkeling! We are headed to the Southern Caribbean in March and looking for suggestions of outfits to dive with in Bonaire, Curacao, and St. Maarten. Thank you!:):unitedstates:
Are you planning to go to just one of those three destinations, and stay a while, or visit all three, or what?
What are you accommodation needs/plans?
If you are visiting all three, note that Bonaire-Curacao is easy, but getting to either Bonaire or Curacao from St Martin is restricted choices. And lots of time in airports, and waiting 18-24h before flying.

Hi NavyMom,

What does your son do on Roosevelt?

My Dad and my brother in-law were career Navy and my nephew was Navy ATC and now FAA ATC. My wife's nephew is a career submariner.

PM @tkaelin and give him your specifics. He helped my wife and me. He knows Curacao and Sabana Westpunt.

Search his threads and posts for information. He has trip reports on SB.

I have found that flights to Curacao are easier than Bonaire. A west coast SBer finds Bonaire is easier from the west coast.

I like Bonaire and Curacao equally.

cheers,
markmudgett

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom