New To ScubaBoard.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SHC8981

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi - my name is Sharon and I just joined this board because I desperately need help with my underwater photography skills. Upon looking over the board I'm seeing so many things that are going to help me be a better, all-around diver.
I live in the middle of the desert, Tucson, Arizona, and love it.
I've been diving for just over 2 years, but caught the bug really bad. As avid hikers, my husband and I used to take all kind of hiking excursions--now we seem to cash these into dive trips and love every minute of it. I love the feeling of diving, sharing experiences, and the people we've met while on our dive trips. So far we've managed to log just over 150 dives and intend to live and learn as we can.
I thoroughly enjoyed, and recommend the rescue certification--it was challenging, but well worth it. Hope we never need it, but if we do--then we'll be able to help.
Looking forward to learning and contributing in this forum.

Hi Peter; I have a sealife 1400 duo and of course the new fisheye lens. I do know that I need to start using the settings vs the auto on the camera--just hate the idea of missing "that shot". On my next trip (January--Cozumel) I intend to try manual a little. I also love the smaller shots, but have the hardest time with the fisheye and macro--I suppose I need a little more practice.
I took one class out of two for photography, but didn't feel like it was teaching me anything that I didn't already know. We spent a great deal of time looking at the instructors "great" shots...not how he obtained them.

Hi Peter; I have a sealife 1400 duo and of course the new fisheye lens. I do know that I need to start using the settings vs the auto on the camera--just hate the idea of missing "that shot".

I may spend as much as 1/3 of my photo shooting adjusting my WB. This invariably means I'm missing things but I'm much happier with the results I get. I figure there are always more better pictures to take.

Back
Top Bottom