New to scuba, want buddies.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rnln

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
I have been freediving/snorkeling for a while but new to scuba, got my open water certificate recently. Although I was doing ok at ocean training dives, but once in a while I still got pulled up to the surface by an invisible hand. Therefore, my plan right now is local shore dives only to practice my buoyancy while having fun, spear too. I do have couple buddies, but scuba is not a game everyone can go when you want to go, and at the spot on a certain day which you like to go to. Also, the more the better. So, if anyone is having a similar plan and want couple more buddies, please join me, or please let me join you.

Thank you
I am in SoCal, OC

thanks runsongas, I am in OC

I always advise to post on the local forums under USA.

Im sure Meetup has LA & OC based scuba groups. Facebook also likely has too. I find Meetup & facebook are a good source for finding local buddies.

I am in OC, TRY West Coast Dive club and So cal underwater bubbling addicts (SCUBA) both on facebook.
CHEERS!

Scuba Diving with South Coast Divers
Laguna shore dives every Saturday, weather permitting.

If you're still having uncontrolled ascents, even occasionally, maybe set aside the spear and camera and any other distractions until you've got that completely sorted.

As above, I Should have mentioned South Coast Divers. They are an excellent group for beginners. They will take really good care of you.

Back
Top Bottom