New to scuba and the board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saltyhawg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My wife gave me lessons (for both of us) last Christmas and we completed our PADI Open Water certifcation at Vortex Springs Florida last March. We took a trip to Cozumel last August (I know probably not the best place for newbies) and had a wonderful trip. 17 dives in 6 days. Did some night dives in Lake Ouachita (Arkansas) last summer/fall. We are both addicted to diving. Our only regret is waiting so late in life to start (I'm 58, she's 53). Look forward to learning a lot on here as we continue our training and have many new adventures in the future.

We leave for Belize in 3 weeks!

Hi:

Better late than never. I think a number of us wish we'd started sooner. Enjoy Belize; I'm hoping to hit it by live-aboard later. Where do you plan to stay there? People might have some tips.

Richard.

Thanks Richard. We're already booked at Sunbreeze Hotel and are diving with Hugh Parkey's dive connection. My wife did most of the research and went through a travel agent we've used for years. They did us well on the Cozumel trip (Cozumel Palace / Dive Paradise). I hope no one comes up with bad things to say about our hotel/dive shop! :D

From what I read Cozumel Palace is fairly upscale by Coz. standards, so evidently you guys are willing to invest in a good trip. I imagine your Belize trip will be good, too. On a cruise stop in Belize, we did a tour by boat up New River (where we saw crocodiles, and some bats on a tree) to Lamanai (means submerged crocodile) and did a walking rainforest tour visiting 3 Mayan ruins (Mask Temple, Tall Temple, Jaguar Temple), the 1st 2 of which we climbed atop. Got some sweet photos. If you have some topside time to kill, it's nice.

IMG_0351_zps72ec05ab.jpg

IMG_0347_zps3efbe200.jpg

IMG_0297_zps3c4a87c0.jpg

I was 51 and my husband was 57 when we certified together. That was 9 1/2 years ago, and we're still going strong (well, maybe not strong, but steady : ). Welcome to a wonderful activity and a new world.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom