New to San Diego, wanting to dive!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ketralis

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I just got out here, stationed at Point Loma and I'll be in San Diego until late November of this year. Looking to get together with some local divers and learn the waters. NAUI basic open water certified since 2007, but dry for a few years since I moved back to the east coast and all the dives there are chartered. The majority of my dive experience is cold water diving in the Puget Sound and Pacific Northwest.

I'm currently quarantining per military protocol for persons transferring from out of area, but have also recently tested COVID negative and am in good health, very careful to maintain adequate prevention measures in my own life. Having all my gear serviced, and tanks hydro/vis as soon as I get done on the 21st.

Who can show me around the local dive sites? I'm especially interested in local nudibranch populations, mollusks, and other marine invertebrates. Anywhere these critters can be viewed is a winner for me :)

Here's hoping I can find a couple new dive buddies and get back in the water!

-Kevin

Back
Top Bottom