New to recreational scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rapanui

New
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hello all, I'm new to this hobby and have been lurking a bit. I recently did my confined water dives, and have scheduled the open water checkout dives. Mostly I shall continue to lurk, but just wanted to formally say hello. Goals are mainly to be safe, have fun and see cool stuff, in that order.

Hello and welcome! What kind of diving do you want to do?

Hello from Coastal North Carolina ~ best wreck diving on the east coast.

Hello and welcome! What kind of diving do you want to do?

Well, as a new diver, I want to see cool animals and enjoy tropical destinations in a new way. I've gotten my GF excited about the prospect of swimming next to turtles. I'm particularly stoked by getting to see rays and pufferfish. Generally, I've always wanted to do this, but it was also nice to find a more demanding activity that my GF was open to doing with me (she's a very strong swimmer and comfortable in the water).

The truth is- my personality usually drives me to "go further": the notion of someday 5+ years down the line having the experience/training/certs/wisdom to safely do some wreck penetration is super exciting. But my GF would probably not be about any of that. Caves are also out for me, as I have an absolutely awful sense of direction; and I don't think I'll ever be interested in doing something that requires long decompression (saturation diving if I understand the term correctly).

Welcome to the addiction! Trust me the addiction only gets worse! Dive as much as possible, everything else works itself out, you will learn on every dive!

Welcome to our slice of paradise!! the only limiting factor, besides certifications, is money and time. Money for trips and gear (we have spent +50K on trips and +12K on gear. Yes, I know...paltry compared to some but we have been at 5 yrs.). Time is how much time you actually have from work.

There is so much to see under the sea. Just keep your hands to yourself, don't touch the critters and enjoy the view!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom