New to Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zach0125

New
Reaction score
# of dives
My name is Zach, I was born and raised in Utah in the mountains about as far from the ocean as you can get but due to many trips to California as a child and having lived near Tampa FL for a while a couple years ago I have fallen in love with the ocean and I am hoping to get into diving. First though I'd like to find out what the best route is as far as getting certified and whether or not to get my own gear. I really don't know anything but I'm doing my research as of now and just thought I'd see what some experienced divers had to say. Any tips, comments, advice, etc. about how to get into this awesome hobby is much appreciated! Currently living in Germany but will be most likely living in Florida again in a few years.

I'm currently in the Rheinland Pfaz area near Kaiserslautern.

Ok, well I am in The Grafenwoehr area. There are some divers in that area on the diving Deutschland thread who can get you in touch with a good dive shop. if you are able to get on post you can check out ODR. Germany is a great place to learn. There is a large community and you need to learn drysuit diving, which lets you dive year round wherever you are. There are also many lakes and quarries.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom