NEW TO DIVING

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm new to the diving world. I just took an intro class to scuba diving and I was hooked. I married a man thats a scuba nut and we plan on doing alot of diving together in the future. I hopefully will be able to get into a class within the next couple of months. Happy diving!!!

Hello Joanne, welcome to the world of diving and to the Scubasource family. Glad to have you aboard. Please feel free to ask us any questions that you may come up with beore, during or after your training.

Sea you in the Deep Blue!

Hi Joanne,
Welcome to scuba. I'm sure the more you dive and learn, the more you'll love it.
Enjoy!
Dive the Planet, then Repeat,
Natasha

And here is a big ol' H O W D Y ! ! ! from the Texas Swamp Diving team.

If you're ever in our neck of the woods, be sure to let us know and we'll getcha initiated in to the wunnerful world of green water diving! A pre-requisite is to read the redneck diver thread.

We look foward to hearing from you often!

Originally posted by JOANNE PEFFER
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm new to the diving world. I just took an intro class to scuba diving and I was hooked. I married a man thats a scuba nut and we plan on doing alot of diving together in the future. I hopefully will be able to get into a class within the next couple of months. Happy diving!!!

Thanks for the warm welcomes from you all. During my
discovery scuba class I practiced two very important skills.
The first one was to throw my regulator over my shoulder and
recover it. The second skill was to flood my mask, partially, and clear it. For some reason, I had alot of problems with the second skill. I ended up bolting to the
top. Not a good thing to do from what I have been told.
It felt so strange having water around my nose. I did however clear my mask once without bolting to the top. Yeah!
So I know if I can do it once, I can do it again. Anyone have any suggestions? What about the purge masks? Thanks again!!!!

Hi Joanne, I find that because my mask fits well & I make sure that it is seated properly before every dive, that I have little trouble with water in my mask & I don't have to clear it very often. You will find that skill very handy & it will become second nature for you.

-kate

Back
Top Bottom