New to diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello everyone!!!

I am from Miami and am new to diving. In fact I am still getting my certification. Last week was my first O/W dive and it was great!!! I did not want to get out of the water. I am looking forward to my next O/W dive and to many more to come.

-Canes Diver

Canes Diver,

Congratulations! If you think it's fun now, just wait. Like good wine, diving gets better with time.

As I'm sure you've heard from your instructor, you're located in one of the best areas in the country for diving. Where, exactly, are you doing your OW dives? Back in the 70s when I lived in Miami we used to head for the Keys every other weekend on average. Hard to pass up when it's practically at your back door.

Meanwhile, during your surface intervals, you can check in on this board. There's a lot of solid diving information in many of the posts.

Good luck with the remainder of your course.

Hello canes diver, welcome to the Scubasource family! Glad to have you aboard. Please feel free to ask us any questions you may come up with.

Sea you in the Deep Blue!

Hi-
Welcome to the world of diving. You're right about that, not wanting to get out of the water. For me, you're gonna need to get a wrinch and a long cable to pull me out of the water!!!! Ha!! Anyway, wise choice on picking scuba diving..... See ya at the bottom!
afraser31

Hey FinMeister:

Thanks for the note. On our first dive we went to Flamingo Reef (about 30 minute boat ride from Bear Cut on Key Biscayne). It truly was beautiful to see so many species. My friends have gone to Key Largo and I hope to go there after certification.

-Canes Diver

Yes, I know Flamingo. Good spot. Lots of sea life, and generally good dive conditions.

Since you liked Flamingo, I think you'll really enjoy Molassas and French reefs. From what I read they are still in pretty good shape after all these years.

I imagine the water prety crowded now that the 'bug' season has opened.

Take care, and enjoy! The best is yet to come.

We all welcome aboard another dive enthusiast. You have selected a great place to spend your out of water time. I am originally from Key West, and I miss that wonderful water. Enjoy it all you can. Best wishes and have fun.

Bottoms up....Bubbles up!!!
Cindy

This is the place to be...that's for sure,when your not in the water that is...
Cheers Big Ears,
The Thunder from Down Under,
The Gasman.

A welcome from Canada.... enjoy your surface time here. :D

Welcome to the world of SCUBA. It is indeed wonderful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom