New to diving and SB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

asiad129

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,
I'm writing just to say hello to all.
I am new to diving- I have done my Open Water Diver training and have six logged dives in Croatia near Novi Vinodolski. I live in London and would like to continue my diving here.
I'd like to buy my equipment but not sure if that's the right choice

wetsuit 7mm scubapro everflex
BCD aqualung pearl for ladies
regulator apex XTX 50 or 100
computer Uwatec Aladin Prime or Sunto Geeko

I'd be greatful for any comments and advise

Cheers.:kiss2:

First of all, welcome to diving. You're in a fantastic area for diving, especially with Ryan Air around. I live by Livorno, Italy but I work here in Korea. Just remember, good diving is where you find it (water helps).
You can't go wrong with a 7mm wetsuit in your area. in the summer off Italy, the water goes up to 28 degree C. If you get too hot, remove the hood. I'm not familiar with the BCD you mentioned. APEX makes really good regulators. Tec divers often use them. The ones you mentioned are both balanced and environmentally sealed. These are a little better for sport diving in cooler waters. The computers you mentioned are also good.
Really, you can't go wrong with any of the equipment you mentioned as far as I'm concerned. You'll dive a lot more when you have your own equipment. Good luck, and have fun.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for your reply. It's good to hear opinions from experienced divers. I hope to get my equipment soon and cant wait to go diving!!!!

Back
Top Bottom