New to Diving and New to Forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrsDoll

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Happy Wednesday From a Landlocked Central Texan. I am new to diving and I have never joined a forum before now. I am currently researching my next diving trip for February or possibly April. I like to find the great deals that afford me to dive along with feeling safe once I reach my destination. I look forward to advancing my diving certification in time. For now, I just look to get back under the water soon. I have always loved the water and have finally reached that time in life that allows me the luxury of diving. Life is Good!

Welcome to the depths....from another landlocked Texan. This is a great place for information ad even entertainment. I challenge you to ask a question that you can't find the answer to here. Enjoy your stay and keep blowing bubbles!

Welcome from another Texas resident!

Once you're more seasoned in your diving, be aware there's an option to pack in some diving close enough for you to drive through. It's weather-dependent so there are trip cancellations, and the diving varies seasonally to some extent from what I've read, but you might want to take a look at the M/V Fling.

Alert Diver Online 2010 - Flower Garden Banks National Marine Sanctuary, Texas - Alert Diver | Flower Garden Banks National Marine Sanctuary, Texas
Undercurrent Sept. 2014 - MV Fling, Flower Gardens, Texas - http://www.undercurrent.org/UCnow/dive_magazine/2014/FlowerGardensTexas201409.html
Alert Diver Online 2017 - Flower Garden Banks - Alert Diver | Flower Garden Banks

Richard.

Co
Budget, reputation for good warm water Caribbean region diving and safe topside...a number of options come to mind but you might want to consider Cozumel if you haven’t already.

My Research Notes from Planning Cozumel Trip - My Research Notes from Planning Cozumel Trip
Budget, reputation for good warm water Caribbean region diving and safe topside...a number of options come to mind but you might want to consider Cozumel if you haven’t already.

My Research Notes from Planning Cozumel Trip - My Research Notes from Planning Cozumel Trip
Yes, Cozumel is my go to place. Quick, Affordable and I always feel at home there. Was planning for February at Dive Paradise which is where I was certified. May go for Belize end of January and Cozumel in October...Thank you for the welcome.

Once you're more seasoned in your diving, be aware there's an option to pack in some diving close enough for you to drive through. It's weather-dependent so there are trip cancellations, and the diving varies seasonally to some extent from what I've read, but you might want to take a look at the M/V Fling.

Alert Diver Online 2010 - Flower Garden Banks National Marine Sanctuary, Texas - Alert Diver | Flower Garden Banks National Marine Sanctuary, Texas
Undercurrent Sept. 2014 - MV Fling, Flower Gardens, Texas - http://www.undercurrent.org/UCnow/dive_magazine/2014/FlowerGardensTexas201409.html
Alert Diver Online 2017 - Flower Garden Banks - Alert Diver | Flower Garden Banks

Richard.
I have had several customers tell me about the Flower Gardens...I believe I will take your advice and become more seasoned first.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom