New to cruises advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lowlysubaruguy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We ended up in a cruise last feb when my main dive buddy had serious accident the week before our two and week trip to Florida. Yeh he got a JOB. I booked a last minute cruise on a grey hair cruise most were over 50 it was really a great trip. So much so that six of us are on a cruise out of Las Angeles in just over a week.

the ship is carnivals Panorama we’re diving at two ports Cabo San Lucas and Puerto Vallarta. Haven’t booked anything for Mazatlan Questions about what to do on the ship itself if any of you have advice any way. The ships got a lot of activities and times short. Two of my sons are joining us there in the late twenties and then the four of us who are in our Fifties if that helps.

I’ve been loosing a little weight In hopes my gear will still fit me by the end of the cruise at least I hope:wink: seemed like the last cruise we ate more food than the tickets cost. I can almost smell the buffet already.

of course as always my works spun off into the traditional pre dive nightmare. Fired a guy a week ago another guy now has a pinched nerve and another has day care issues with his Ex wife and baby sitter. Wouldn’t be a vacation if my work life was low stress would it. I target the winter months because it’s our slowest period and none of my crew takes time off now, they all want time off when we’re busy but somehow the crap that always seems to pop up right before I leave amazes me. Its 3 am and I cant sleep so here I am. Its all good I seem to thrive in kaos even if sometimes it’s delivered by a dump truck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom