New to CCR, What agency?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TDI and SSI both list the unit name, but IANTD does not. This is why I asked for an IANTD cert for my Mod 2/3 vs TDI or SSI (my instructor is an Instructor/IT for multiple agencies).

My IANTD card from last fall certainly states what unit it was with. Might be a KISS thing ....

_R

My IANTD card from last fall certainly states what unit it was with. Might be a KISS thing ....

_R

I think he specifically meant on the MOD2 or 3 cards. My initial card also has the brand on it. It says "CCR rEvo Diver".

My expectation is that my Normoxic card will not say rEvo on it. And then, if/when I cross over to, say, an X, I will get a card that says "CCR X Diver" and my Normoxic card will apply to it equally as it does to my rEvo card.

MY understanding is that people use the terms MOD1, MOD2, and MOD3 to describe CCR training. But, I am not sure if any agency actually issues a cert using those terms. I.e. I don't think TDI issues a card that says MOD1 on it.

Somehow can correct me if I'm mistaken but I believe back in the day MOD1, MOD2, MOD3 were what IANTD referred to their CCR courses as. A lot of people have kind of adopted that those names. E.G., if someone saying they are doing a MOD2 course it's pretty obvious that they're referring to normoxic trimix. I'm not 100% sure if this is/was a strictly IANTD thing but that is where I see it most often.

I believe RESA and RTC also uses or used to use the same terminology.
Standards | Rebreather Training Council
https://www.rebreather.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/RESA-_mod-2-3.pdf

MOD1- Module 1: Air Diluent or Air Diluent with decompression (30-40m)
MOD2- Module 2: Normoxic Trimix CCR (60m)
MOD3- Module 3: Hypoxic Trimix CCR (Full Trimix 100m)

IANTD doesn't seem use these terms anymore but old habits die hard and people still use them to refer to most levels of CCR training from any agency.

Of course there are now several in-between courses that MOD1, MOD2, MOD3 don't exactly describe this nomenclature.

There is air diluent with or without decompression, there TDI Helitrox or IANTD ART (Advanced Recreational Trimix, there now also IANTD Normoxic+ (Normoxic Trimix to 70m). There is also "Expedition" Trimix which I "guess" is 400ft/120m

Do you know which agencies put the Unit name on MOD2/3, cave etc and which doesn't?

My MOD1 cards (from IANTD and TDI) are both unit specific and list rebreather names (rEvo / SF2). My MOD2 (Normixic Trimix) is from TDI and specific to the rEvo. My Cave CCR and MOD3 (Hypoxic Trimix) were non-unit specific. I have CCR Cave cards from IANTD and NSS-CDS and neither of them list a unit name (non-unit specific)

My IANTD card just says CCR diver. We were helitrox prior to moving to CCR and my instructor allowed us to use/learn helitrox dil. It's nice that it only says CCR diver because I think it will get less questions if I ever need to show it to someone

My IANTD card just says CCR diver. We were helitrox prior to moving to CCR and my instructor allowed us to use/learn helitrox dil. It's nice that it only says CCR diver because I think it will get less questions if I ever need to show it to someone

Interesting. When did you get that? I got my IANTD card at the beginning of January and it says CCR rEvo Diver. I was already at TDI Trimix, so we did trimix dil as part of my class.

I'm just wondering if they changed the way they do the cards at some point, or if they are just inconsistent.

Interesting. When did you get that? I got my IANTD card at the beginning of January and it says CCR rEvo Diver. I was already at TDI Trimix, so we did trimix dil as part of my class.

I'm just wondering if they changed the way they do the cards at some point, or if they are just inconsistent.

My class was Dec 17 of 2018, the card wasn't printed till January. I took my class in Mexico and my card is "officially" from IANTD Mexico. My instructor is and IANTD IT and the person who created the IANTD course for my unit is an IT as well I believe, and my unit is fairly new to the market. It's possible that's just how IANTD does it for this particular unit, could be an IANTD Mexico thing, or could be that my instructor or the instructor who created the course specifically has IANTD do it that way. I really don't know. I was surprised when I got the card it didn't have a specific MOD or unit.

Both of my air dil cards (from TDI and PSIA) specify the unit.
My impression is that above that level the course names and everything else are very inconsistent.

I don't think agency matters whatsoever

I think he specifically meant on the MOD2 or 3 cards. My initial card also has the brand on it. It says "CCR rEvo Diver".

My expectation is that my Normoxic card will not say rEvo on it. And then, if/when I cross over to, say, an X, I will get a card that says "CCR X Diver" and my Normoxic card will apply to it equally as it does to my rEvo card.

Good catch, my bad

Having said all of that, the card doens't specify DIL nor deco limits, but Helium/Deco was covered in my course (have OC Tech1 prior to the course) with simulated deco. I put an email into IANTD regarding this, but maybe someone on the board knows what the answer is ...

_R

My IANTD card does not list the unit. However this will always be my favorite card.

upload_2019-8-8_19-4-2.jpeg

With IANTD no unitnames are mentioned on cards: ccr normoxic, ccr trimix, ccr cave.
Other agencies list a brandname. So that is why I choosed for iantd.

The user levels state: sf2 ccr diver, kiss ccr diver, inspiration ccr diver, etc. (Yes, I have an iantd kiss ccr diver, it seems often to be specified in classic, sidekick, etc, but my kiss user card only states 'kiss' So I can dive all :D)
But all agencies mention the brandname on the userlevel cards.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom