New SWIFT™ AI TRANSMITTER and New Firmware Release

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine's not blown up yet as it's connected to 100%.
Page 5 of the Swift manual says, “Swift transmitters are built with O2 compatible materials.” Then there is a note about EN250 and EN13949 markings and gas compatibility.

Page 5 of the Swift manual says, “Swift transmitters are built with O2 compatible materials.” Then there is a note about EN250 and EN13949 markings and gas compatibility.
Also in FAQ under support
upload_2021-7-27_15-18-41.png

Can we please get the splash screen change option in the mobile app

Thanks so much! No rush of course :)

Cool, thanks! Forgot you can only load it from the desktop version of Cloud. +1 for adding that ability to the mobile app.

... I used the Shearwater Cloud app for Windows from my laptop and reloaded it with no problems. The mobile app did have the option to set custom text. Just not to load an image.

I know @DiveClimbRide said "no rush", but this is done now for Android. iOS will likely take another day or so. This morning my android phone told me there was a Shearwater update in the Google Play Store. After updating, I connected it to my Perdix AI and successfully changed the startup image.

Question for Shearwater:
Can you mix and match new and old transmitters?
Say you already have 2 old ones. Can you add a SWIFT for a 3rd and have everything work happy? Or do you need to replace the old transmitters and run all SWIFT?

Since the only difference is that SWIFT listens for a signal before transmitting, everything else should be the same and you can mix and match.

rsingler is correct. You can mix and match. We made all our firmware updates backwards compatible so that we could keep on using PPS transmitters. That said, we recommend that you use no more than 2 PPS transmitters on a single diver with one being grey and the other being yellow. This is to reduce likelihood of lost comms due to signal collision. You could expand to using 3 PPS transmitters if you have access to the rare green PPS. In other words, all PPS transmitters should have different colors in order to reduce collision likelihood.

Morning! I saw it says firmware release.. having issues with my two peregines. Says 84 is released and it goes through the motions, but when it finishes it says update failure and stays on 81. Trying to update via pc.

Morning! I saw it says firmware release.. having issues with my two peregines. Says 84 is released and it goes through the motions, but when it finishes it says update failure and stays on 81. Trying to update via pc.
PC may be the problem. I’ve heard numerous reports of the Windows BLE implementation being problematic. Try with the mobile app. Android or iOS both seem to work well.

Spot on thanks! Used Iphone and it took 15 minutes but updated successfully. Thank you.
PC may be the problem. I’ve heard numerous reports of the Windows BLE implementation being problematic. Try with the mobile app. Android or iOS both seem to work well.

Perdix AI upgraded via Microsoft PC first shot.
We'll see about the Petrel 2 tomorrow.

Remember children, never be the first to update; let others discover the bugs before you do...!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom